Erin Moore shares the key themes from MozCon 2023 and why going back to basics is a winning strategy.
Erin Moore, TREW's Account Director, attended MozCon this year to bring back all the latest industry news on search engine optimization (SEO). If you're a marketer or a practitioner of SEO specifically, you know how much things have changed in the last few years (and even months) in the world of SEO and search engines in general.
According to Erin, there were 4 big themes from MozCon 2023:
- Search is a lot more than Google search
- The way Google interprets information and feeds you information has changed
- The way SEOs understand search is changing
- Google has been evolving constantly with AI (and will continue to do so!)
Erin explains each of these themes and how marketers can make some key changes to their SEO strategies in order to build authority and lean into brand recognition - two key strategies SEOs are turning to for success in the future.
- Connect with Erin Moore on LinkedIn
- Learn more about MozCon
- SEO Series Part 1: The Evolving Search Landscape of 2023
- SEP Series Part 2: Taking a Conversion-Focused Approach to SEO
Wendy Covey is a CEO, a technical marketing leader, author of Content Marketing, Engineered, one of The Wall Street Journal’s 10 Most Innovative Entrepreneurs in America, and she holds a Texas fishing record. She resides in a small Hill Country town southwest of Austin, Texas, where she enjoys outdoor adventures with her family.
TREW Marketing is a strategy-first content marketing agency serving B2B companies that target highly technical buyers. With deep experience in the design, embedded, measurement and automation, and software industries, TREW Marketing provides branding, marketing strategy, content development, and digital marketing services to help customers efficiently and effectively achieve business goals.