This episode explores emerging and tried-and-true strategies to target key accounts to grow adoption, increase revenue, and form strategic-level relationships.
SalesLoft CMO Sydney Sloan's career journey has taken her from a multi-billion dollar company at Adobe to fast-growing startups such as Jive and now SalesLoft. With this diverse experience, she's seen a variety of approaches to revenue teams and account growth strategies. There has also been much software technology innovation in the past decade, enabling account teams to have greater depth of insight into account activity and the ability to be highly personalized (while maintaining efficiency) in their outreach communications.
This episode is chock full of advice, whether you are at a large company or just getting started with account-based marketing and sales initiatives. Below are highlights of both tried and true practices as well as emerging trends we discussed.
Tried and True:
- Create an account growth plan, with identified goals, business drivers and current relationships
- Identify champions to help tell the story and secure strategic-level partnership between executives
- Develop account-based case studies
- Hold account day events
- Intent software, collecting "signals" from an account through their searches on 3rd party websites
- Account scoring, driven by results from intent software as well as activity on your own website
- Account-based personalized ads
- Templated sales outreach emails with 20% personalized in the first few lines
- Testing and measuring effectiveness of content assets
Tips for organizational structure
- Sales and marketing grouped into revenue teams working towards the same goals
- Commission for new contacts made at key accounts versus BANT or only closed won revenue
- Remember at a dashboard level, leads will go down, but quality will go WAY up