With more than a decade of serving B2B companies with full-service content marketing that targets highly technical buyers, we understand the industrial marketer’s need to make informed decisions on resources – including people, time, and budget – to deliver maximum ROI. Our annual research helps marketers understand what types of information technical audiences want and when and where they’re looking for it, so they can better reach, influence, and engage with technical audiences.
The summarizes the survey results of more than 800 engineers and technical professionals from a variety of industries, including manufacturing, engineering services, automotive, energy, consumer electronics, electronic components, semiconductor, and aerospace/defense.
Key findings include:
- Engineers value a company's technical expertise and responsiveness over price and company values
- 83 percent of engineers are willing to fill out a form in exchange for technical content
- 73 percent of engineers listen to work-related podcasts throughout their week, a 33% YOY increase
- Engineers prefer YouTube and LinkedIn over other social platforms
WATCH the Webinar – State of Marketing to Engineers
In the webinar CEO and Co-Founder of TREW Marketing, Wendy Covey, along with GlobalSpec Content Marketing Manager, CJ Haight give insight into creating marketing plans and compelling content based on data from the study.
- Where do engineers seek information to make purchase decisions?
- How much of the buying process happens online before engineers engage with sales?
- What types of content are most and least favored by technical buyers?
- What sales behaviors do engineers value?
It details critical findings and conclusions, along with complete data by global region and age group. Watch the to gain insight on how to use the data from this study to create better B2B technical marketing programs for the next decade.