December is here and will quickly fly by. If you have marketing budget dollars to spend before the year’s end, you are feeling the pressure. We’ve put together a list of quick, effective marketing investments for you to consider.
1. Invest in Google Adwords. Not only are Adwords ideal for reaching a very specific audience, and easy to measure; you can have them live within 24 hours using your corporate credit card. Be sure to follow best practices — see our Spotlight blog post on this topic for more details.
2. Reach out to your database. Send an end-of-year email to your customers and prospects. Be sure the message is not too sales-oriented…offer valuable information such as tech tips and industry news. Or simply say thank you for their business. Have not been keeping up with your database? Use December to update your records, determine ways to segment your target audiences, and perhaps begin plans for a 2010 quarterly newsletter.
3. Start a blog. December is a great time to set up the back-end mechanics of your new company blog (which would launch in 2010). These include creating a WordPress account and feeding that account into your website. Your blog should match the look and feel of your website, which likely means a small amount of creative work.
4. Refresh content on your website. Conduct a head-to-toe sweep of your website, updating messages and improving your writing (active voice, tighten phrases, etc.). While looking through your site, uncover lead acquisition opportunities, such as existing white papers and presentations, and post them behind short forms for web visitors to complete. TREW Marketing writers/editors can be a great resource for this work.
5. Thank your staff. Has your team gone above and beyond to meet their goals this year? Be sure they are recognized for their efforts. This can range from the very simple, such as bringing in bagels and coffee for a surprise treat, to gift certificates or a formal holiday/appreciation event. An appreciated team will be a motivated team for you in 2010.
6. Gather 2010 marketing plan feedback from an expert. This is an ideal time to bring in a TREW Marketing consultant as a sounding board for your 2010 plans. During the one or two-day session, we review goals, major marketing campaigns, core messages, and investment by media. We uncover ways to strengthen your messages, integrate innovative marketing tactics, and measure impact and success.
Contact TREW Marketing and put your December and 2010 marketing plans in motion.