This week, the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) awarded TREW Marketing a MarCom Award. With more than 6,000 entries from around the world, the 2011 MarCom Awards were given to organizations including Burson-Marsteller, Northrop Grumman, Princeton University, Seimens, US Airforce, United Healthcare, Vistaprint, Weber Shandwick, Wells Fargo, and TREW Marketing.
TREW Marketing won its Gold Marcom Award for a promotional campaign around our downloadable e-book, Smart Marketing for Engineers. We stood out for our resourceful and creative approach to marketing a professional, well-branded publication.
To promote the book, the TREW crew used a variety of channels including web marketing, public relations, social media, email marketing, and a video, all timed around a global, technical industry conference.
“We pride ourselves in creating custom marketing plans and activities for our customers that support their business goals,” said Rebecca Geier, Principal of TREW Marketing. “It was only natural for us to create a successful campaign to promote our own product using the marketing strategies, channels, and activities that we recommend and implement for our customers.”
Results of the award-winning promotional campaign included:
- 600% in web lead growth during the book launch
- 217 news release postings in the first two hours
- 47 media views of the news release by journalists within the first two hours
- 4505 Twitter users reached with news of the book and a link to download
- Average visitors to trewmarketing.com from Twitter during the launch spent more than 15 minutes viewing more than 10 pages on the agency’s site
- 60% of traffic from LinkedIn to trewmarketing.com during the launch came from first-time visitors to the agency’s site
- 35% higher email open rate from email marketing than the industry average
- TREW email marketing for the book achieved double the industry average for clicks through email
- 10 engineering firms interviewed at industry conference to personally promote the book and TREW’s services to potential clients
- 65 YouTube views of the video